The Resettlement Assistance Program helps refugees and protected persons resettle in Canada by providing them with financial assistance to cover the costs of accommodations, essential clothing, household necessities and other living expenses.
RAP Orientation Services include:
- Providing information about and links to mandatory federal and provincial programs, for example: Social Insurance Number, Child Tax Benefit, provincial health-care programs and the Interim Federal Health Program
- Providing assistance in locating permanent accommodation
- Providing assistance in opening a bank account
- Providing orientation sessions on financial and non-financial information
- Conducting client assessments and providing referrals to other settlement programs to ensure clients needs are met
For more information on RAP and the Government of Canada visit: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/resettlement_assistance.shtml