Position title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Manager, Resettlement and Housing
Organizational overview: Reception House Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization that enables the successful resettlement of newly arrived refugees by providing temporary accommodation and orientation, assistance securing permanent housing, ongoing settlement and intensive case management services.
The Program Coordinator is an organized individual who possesses a high level of attention to detail and a strong capacity for multitasking and prioritizing. The Program Coordinator provides administrative services to contribute to the efficient day-to-day operations of the program, as well as supports the work of the Manager, Resettlement and Housing and staff teams. This is a full-time position.
- Provide support to the Manager, Resettlement and Housing in overall planning, implementing and reporting related to the Resettlement Assistance Program and other Reception House initiatives
- Act as team lead for on call shift staff by assisting with recruiting, training, scheduling, and providing direction as needed
- Organize and coordinate planned activities relating to the program and assign staff as needed
- Provide organizational team support by coordinating and scheduling teams for information sharing, collaboration and other opportunities related to settlement programs
- Assist in the maintenance of e-filing systems and related program databases
- Assist with the preparation of client invoices for the Manager, Resettlement and Housing and Finance team
- Routinely edit and update the content of program materials and resources (orientation, manuals, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Schedule, coordinate, and take minutes for meetings and consultations as needed
- Prepare and compile reports and outcome tracking of program deliverables for the Resettlement Assistance Program
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Understand and be committed to the Reception House Waterloo Region Vision, Mission and Values (receptionhouse.ca)
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges faced by refugees and the agencies that serve them
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage issues, schedules, and multiple tasks with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
- Strong written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of dexterity, tact and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, the ability to work with all levels of staff and various external stakeholders
- Demonstrated capacity-building approach to community engagement and partnerships
- Ability to accept and perform additional duties as needed to meet the mission of the organization
- Some travel required
Required Education and Work Experience
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or work and education equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a team lead or supervisor role
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and the ability to pick up new technology quickly, including databases and web content management systems
- Experience in planning and prioritizing schedules, meetings, etc.
- Experience managing large amounts of information
- Work is performed in an office setting in residential facilities
- Periods of moderate to heavy concentration and alertness
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop, laptop computers and peripherals
Resume and cover letter are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that candidates please send their cover letter and resume together as one combined document (Word.doc, PDF etc.) and write “Recreation Coordinator” in the email subject line. No phone calls please.
Reception House Waterloo Region will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.