Position title: Manager, Resettlement & Housing Programs
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Organizational overview: Reception House Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization that enables the successful resettlement of newly arrived refugees by providing temporary accommodation and orientation, assistance securing permanent housing, ongoing settlement and intensive case management services.
Description: We are seeking a new member of our Senior Leadership Team. The primary role of the Manager, Resettlement & Housing Programs is managing housing resources that support the successful settlement of newly arrived refugees, by providing them with services associated with the Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP). The position provides direction to team members, and ensures procedures and policies are maintained. The Manager provides empowering leadership to members of the Reception House team in order to foster an innovative and welcoming environment. We are seeking a candidate who will explore new initiatives, create, and maintain networks and partnerships.
- MSW or Relevant post-secondary education or a combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of progressive experience as a Manager and Supervisor
- Direct experience managing a shelter or hostel would be an asset
- Experience in program management in the non-profit sector would be an asset
- Computer skills – knowledge of Google Suite, MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) is required; working knowledge of MS Project and SharePoint is an asset
- Property management experience/certificate is an additional asset
- Valid driver’s license and availability of own vehicle for business use is an asset (allowance provided)
- A demonstrated commitment to Reception House Waterloo Region Vision, Mission and Values
- Attention to Detail
- Leadership Skills
- Drive for Results
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Responsibilities and Activities
Efficiently manage housing facilities available to RHWR by:
- supervising and providing direction to housing staff and volunteers
- ensuring housing staff are meeting targets and providing adequate housing services to clients as per organizational procedures
- ensures the development and maintenance of a database of landlords and supports for those seeking housing
- provide, manage and maintain orientation materials and other related education for clients new to Canada
- Provides training and education for the housing staff and other team members on housing related topics
- fostering strong and collaborative working relationships between team members and managing team dynamics
- reviewing, approving and completing reports in a timely manner
- conduct periodic check-in, performance reviews and develop work plans in accordance with organizational policies
- at meetings and on committees relevant to housing
- through fostering community connections in the sector relevant to affordable housing
- by representing to external organizations on issues relating to the housing of refugees
- Participate as member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) of RHWR
- prepare and monitor annual operations, and staff budget
- administering petty cash system for the temporary residence and distributes funds to clients while they are in the temporary residence
Some local travel is expected for this position.
Resume and cover letter are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that candidates please send their cover letter and resume together as one combined document (Word.doc, PDF etc.) and write “Manager, Resettlement & Housing Programs” in the email subject line. No phone calls please.
Reception House Waterloo Region will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.