Position Status: Full-Time
Hours: 35 hours per week
Start Date: November 2019
Scope of Position:
Reception House Waterloo Regionis a non-profit organization that enables the successful resettlement of newly arrived refugees by providing temporary accommodation and orientation, assistance securing permanent housing, ongoing settlement and intensive case management services. We are currently looking for a new team member who would support our client residence over the evening hours. This position will provide life-skills support to residents, ensure that cleanliness of the property is maintained; and ensure the facility is secure.
- Day to day life-skills support to clients in the residence
- Family and Parenting Support
- Program Support
- Janitorial/Housekeeping duties as assigned
- Resident and Building Safety
- Administrative and Other Duties
Required Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Knowledge of a second language (Arabic, Somali, Tigrinya an asset)
- Janitorial skills
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and operate cleaning equipment
- Ability to climb 2 flights of stairs with ease
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, a vulnerable sector check and satisfactory driver’s abstract.
|Reception House is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.|
Please apply to: email@example.com
Reception House Waterloo Region thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.