Position title: Case Manager
Position type: Contract – Maternity leave – April 2020 – March 2021 (with a possibility of an extension)
Reports to: Manager, Resettlement and Housing
Organization overview: Reception House Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization that provides settlement services to refugees in Waterloo Region. We are looking for a motivated, well-organized and experienced individual, familiar with newcomer issues and the community, to provide case management to refugee families and individuals. The Case Manager is a self-starter and resourceful individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and is able to meet the challenges of working with a culturally diverse group of clients and their families. Reception House programming provides a supportive environment to help refugees build upon their resiliency and strength and empower them to achieve self-sufficiency and independence.
Job summary: The Case Manager will provide intensive case management to refugee families and individuals so that they can access supports and services needed to lead productive and meangful lives in their new home. Important job duties include: completing initial intake assessment, scheduling and accompanying clients to appointments, home visits and follow-up, facilitating orientation, attending community outreach and training events. The Case Manager will maintain electronic files, provide on-going updates to Supervisor, ensure data input and reporting is completed in a timely manner and participate in staff meetings. The Case Manager is committed to Reception House’s vision and mandate of empowering refugee families to settle and integrate into the wider community and will uphold Reception House’s core values of respect, non-violence, equality, and team work.
A complete job description will be provided at the first interview.
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related international or human service field with 1-3 years experience in providing direct service to refugees and immigrants.
- Fluency in English, and languages such as: Arabic, Somali preferred
- Commitment to refugee and immigrant issues and rights.
- Knowledge of immigration and public policy and how it affects refugees.
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be flexible, reliable, punctual, professional, able to follow instructions and handle emergency situations.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, strong detail orientation and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong administrative and computer skills and proven knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and database systems.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable means of transportation for local travel.
- Final applicant will be need to complete police background check.
- Some evening work required.
Resume and cover letter are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that candidates please send their cover letter and resume together as one combined document (Word.doc, PDF etc.) and write “Recreation Coordinator” in the email subject line. No phone calls please.
Reception House Waterloo Region will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.