Facilitated by Focus for Ethnic Women, Focus on New Beginnings is a social integration program for refugee women and their families. This weekly program held on Sunday afternoons enables newcomers through Reception House to build cross cultural understanding and confidence. It also provides a safe place to learn about each other and form friendships, often their first in Canada! Volunteers help facilitate literacy,numeracy and other educational games during the program.
- What is it like to arrive as a refugee in Canada during a pandemic?
- New Canadian Youth Connections 2019 Year in Review
- A Closer Look: Case Managers at Reception House
- Conestoga College PR students lead successful fundraising campaigns despite pandemic
- This former refugee learned English and got a job. This is her story.