Vision 2021 is the name and the direction of our strategic plan. Our “touch phrase” for the work ahead is, Shining a Light on the Refugee Journey. As we walk with refugees on their journey our aim is to be transformative and not just transactional, to stay relevant and responsive to community needs. Over the next years, we hope to be recognized as a leader in this work, and chart our course on the path to sustainability regardless of how government commitments may change.
Creating a strategic plan is a collective, cooperative undertaking. We hope you will join us in making the next three years count towards achieving our strategic plan. Together, anything is possible.
Our key priorities are:
Strengthen & evaluate our programs & service delivery
Build community partnerships & strengthen our local role
Support staff and board leadership, governance and development
We know we have achieved our goals when:
• We are operationally strong.
• We are on our way to finding space that meets our operational needs.
• We collaborate with others on key issues.
• We have conducted an environmental scan that identifies gaps and is used to improve community advocacy.
• Refugee issues are more central in community discussions and we are trusted leaders in partnerships, not passive recipients.
• We have established a professional development policy that includes learning & development plans and training.
• We have a strong board that drives our mission.
• We have a dedicated HR lead.
• We have an ED succession plan in place.
• We have diversified our core funding.
• We have increased our unrestricted reserves and are retaining new non-governmental funding.