Position title: Program Coordinator
Position type: Full Time
Hours: 35 hours per week; some regular evenings and occasional weekends
Start date: January 2019
Reception House Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization that enables the successful resettlement of newly arrived refugees by providing temporary accommodation and orientation, assistance securing permanent housing, ongoing settlement and intensive case management services.
Scope of Position:
Reception House Waterloo Region is accepting applications for a Program Coordinator who will be responsible for the continued development and implementation of programming for youth. The Program Coordinator will provide management and oversight to staff and volunteers of the New Canadian Youth Connections program, a program delivered in partnership with Reception House and Community Justice Initiatives.
The incumbent will build a collaborative team with CJI and Reception House staff and the leadership from both organizations; as well as community capacity building through engaging with local service providers in the Waterloo Region.
Community Justice Initiatives is an organization which has pioneered innovative programs in restorative justice for 40 years. Our mission is to inspire safe, healthy and peaceful communities, one resolution at a time.
Reception House Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization that enables the successful resettlement of newly-arrived refugees by providing temporary accommodation and orientation, assistance securing permanent housing, ongoing settlement and intensive case management services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee programming and supervise front line staff.
• Continue to adapt the youth program model, processes and materials to reflect the needs of refugee youth.
• Oversee all volunteer recruitment, screening, training, supervision and peer support processes.
• Update program materials as needed.
• Create and maintain a process to continually monitor, and address risk issues for programming and volunteers.
• Assist in all program evaluation, research and reporting as required.
• Initiate and facilitate regular team meetings, staff training and planning days.
• Manage effective relationships with partners, funders and staff.
• Oversee promotion of the program and services in conjunction with the Leadership Team.
• Identify potential funding sources and assist with preparation of funding proposals.
• Supervise monthly statistical reports and ensure accurate reporting.
• Administrative duties as required; maintenance of program records, timesheets, expense reports, purchase requests, budgeting, etc.
• Serve as positive leader within the collaborative team and as an ambassador for CJI & Reception House.
• Adhere to Reception House policies and procedures.
• Assistance with and attendance at general agency events as needed.
• Post-secondary education in the social services field and /or relevant work experience with youth or vulnerable populations
• Experience with staff and volunteer supervision
• Demonstrated program development and management experience
• Excellent leadership and organizational capabilities, along with great people skills
• Understanding of restorative justice philosophy and principles or willingness to learn
• Experience with social recreation program planning with youth and volunteers
• Group facilitation skills
• Ability to ensure a high level of confidentiality
• Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid Ontario G class licence and minimum
$1M liability insurance
• Police reference check (including vulnerable sector) will be required
Resume and cover letter are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that candidates please send their cover letter and resume together as one combined document (Word.doc, PDF etc.) and write “Program Coordinator” in the email subject line.
Reception House welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
675 Queen St. South, Suite 201 Kitchener,ON N2M 1A1 | receptionhouse.ca