Title Manager, Finance
Terms Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Reports to CEO
Do you want to be part of an amazing Leadership Team? We are looking for a Manager of Finance to join our team. Reception House Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization, which enables the successful resettlement of newly arrived refugees by providing temporary accommodation, orientations to Canadian life, assistance securing permanent housing, ongoing settlement and case management services.
The Manager, Finance provides financial, administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer, maintains accounting books and financial records, prepares financial and narrative reports for governing and funding bodies. The successful candidate will also handle various disbursement, as well as assist with preparation of the yearly budget and cash flow forecasts. The Manager shares in the responsibility for the client database according to Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada standards and oversees the processing of payroll.
- 3-5 years’ experience; non-profit experience is an assist
- Professional accounting designation (e.g. CA, CGA, CMA), is an asset
- Experience ensuring compliance with CRA guidelines is an added requirement
- Experience working with Sage software is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills able to interact with both management and the team
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills – able to prioritize and organize own work, provide proactive support to the CEO and the Finance & Audit Committee of the Board
- Results driven with high energy, accustomed to working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A demonstrated commitment to Reception House Waterloo Region Vision, Mission and Values (www.receptionhouse.ca)
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reception House is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.|
Reception House Waterloo region thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.