Reception House operates a temporary accommodation residence for refugees in their initial settlement as part of its settlement services.
To ensure that the residence’s cleanliness is maintained; to provide security and relate to residents.
- Supervision and safety of clients
- Janitorial duties as assigned
- Perform duties to ensure daily operations are maintained
- Uphold Reception House organizational responsibilities as outlined in Service Delivery Manual
- Ensure security of premises between hours of 10:00 p.m. – 8 a.m; 3 shifts per week.
- Ability to enter information into database
- Ability to perform janitorial duties
- Ability to lift 25 lbs, bend and reach
- Ability to climb 2 flights of stairs
- Ability to carry and operate cleaning equipment (eg. floor buffer, vacuum)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle crisis situations in a calm manner
- Experience relating with people from a variety of cultures and religions
- Current Standard First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain at hiring
- Experience in a social service setting preferred
- Commitment to understand and uphold the mission and values of Reception House is expected
Resume and cover letter are to be submitted to email@example.com. We request that candidates please send their cover letter and resume together as one combined document (Word.doc, PDF etc.) and write “Overnight Support Worker” in the email subject line.
675 Queen St. South, Suite 201 Kitchener,ON N2M 1A1 | receptionhouse.ca