Position title: Case Manager
Position type: Contract; maternity leave; September 2018 – March 2019
Reports to: Program Director
Reception House Waterloo Region is a non-profit organization that provides settlement services to refugees in Waterloo Region. We are looking for a motivated, well-organized and experienced individual, familiar with newcomer issues and the community, to provide case management to refugee families and individuals. The Case Manager is a self-starter and resourceful individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and is able to meet the challenges of working with a culturally diverse group of clients. Reception House programming provides a supportive environment to help refugees build upon their resiliency and strength and empower them to achieve self-sufficiency and independence.
The Case Manager will provide intensive case management to refugee families and individuals so that they can access supports and services needed to lead productive and meaningful lives in their new home. Important job duties include: completing initial intake assessments, scheduling and accompanying clients to appointments, home visits and follow-up, facilitating orientation, attending community outreach and training events. The Case Manager will maintain electronic files, provide on-going updates to Supervisor, ensure data input and reporting is completed in a timely manner and participate in staff meetings. The Case Manager is committed to Reception House’s vision and mandate of empowering refugee families to settle and integrate into the wider community and will uphold Reception House’s core values of respect, non-violence, equality, and team work. A complete job description will be provided at the first interview.
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related international or human service field with 1-3 years experience in providing direct service to refugees and
- Case management experience an
- Fluency in English, and language such as: Arabic, Somali, and Swahili; or any combination of those languages that currently represent the refugee client population
- Commitment to refugee and immigrant issues and
- Knowledge of immigration and public policy and how it affects
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Must be flexible, reliable, punctual, professional, able to follow instructions and handle stressful
- Must have excellent organizational skills, strong detail orientation and the ability to maintain
- Strong administrative and computer skills and proven knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and database systems.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable means of transportation for local
- Final applicant will be need to complete police background
- Some evening work
Resume and cover letter are to be submitted to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Friday, August 31, 2018. We request that candidates please send their cover letter and resume together as one combined document (Word.doc, PDF etc.) and write “Case Manager” in the email subject line.
675 Queen St. South, Suite 201 Kitchener,ON N2M 1A1 | receptionhouse.ca